Friday, March 16, 2012

Just the First Frame

It's been a while since I wrote here, but a new comic sharing website just caught my attention. Just the First Frame looks a lot like Pinterest, with a highly visual layout. It promotes comics by displaying the first frame of any given comic page, and linking it to the whole page on the comic's own site.



I like this idea because it displays a preview, something visual to attract attention, without stealing whole comic pages and publishing them without the creator's permission, thereby depriving creators of potential ad revenue. Although personally I wouldn't mind anyone publishing some of my individual comic pages as long as they link back to my website.

So I think this is a cool site - it loads lots of frames pretty fast, making it easy to browse through several comics pretty quickly. My main concern is that anyone can request comics, but only the creator can add them, and that limits the site's ability to grow and become a big networking tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment